Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ready? Begin.


Hello, my name is Jacy Langford, and this is my blog. It will hold my thoughts and ramblings on various subjects, as well as lessons I’m learning in life. Its name comes from two Bible verses:

“My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.” Psalm 25:15
“Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you” Psalm 55:22a

These verses have been important to me for a long time, and I love the mental image the first verse gives me. I have often felt as though I keep looking at my problems and trying to fix them, but when I recognize my own limitations and allow God to be sovereign, I look up at Him, and I am freed.

Before I decided to start a blog, I had to ask myself what its value would be. After all, there are thousands of people writing about whatever they want, and wouldn’t I just be adding to the noise? I hope that isn’t the case, and here’s why. Some people (especially if you’re my age) may remember the show Animaniacs, and the segment Pinky & the Brain. Stay with me, I promise this has a point. Yes, the show was ridiculous, but every show opened with the same line from Brain: “Are you pondering what I’m pondering, Pinky?” Pinky’s absurd responses proved he was very far from thinking about taking over the world as Brain wanted him to do. Well, the fact is, you aren’t pondering what I’m pondering, and that’s why blogspace is so fascinating. Even though there are so many people writing about life, every single one of us has a different perspective. That uniqueness is, I hope, what allows me to be something more than just another blogger.

Also, when I considered starting a blog, I thought I wouldn’t know what to say. Having made a hefty list of topics to cover in the following posts, I realize the only problem is that I’m not sure where to start. Stick around, and you’ll be sure to find things to think about, and, if you’re willing, learn alongside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment